What’s the point on filling your home with lovely furniture, textiles and furnishings and not have it all insured? Bottom line is, there’s not much point at all. Regardless of whether you live in a bought or rented property, you should still consider insuring your home and its contents. At James Flynn, we’ve put together a guide on insuring the items you love.

Homeowners Insurance

If you own the home you live in, unit or apartment, no doubt you’ve put a lot of effort into making it look and feel the way you want. With this in mind, you’ll want to protect it inside and out. At James Flynn Insurance, we not only provide building cover for your house itself, but also insurance for the belongings inside. The benefits of homeowners insurance include comprehensive coverage that protects your items against fire, storms, vandalism and theft, and coverage that can help you replace your lost belongings.

Renters Insurance

Just because you don’t own your home, doesn’t mean that you can get away with avoiding renters insurance. Many renters are under the misconception that if anything were to go wrong in their rented house or apartment, the landlord would cover it. This is untrue. Your landlord could only cover any repairs that they were responsible for. For example, if your boiler suddenly breaks through no fault of your own, it is entirely your landlord’s responsibility to have it repaired or replaced. If, however, any of your personal items become damaged in a natural disaster or robbery, you would need to have insurance to cover the financial loss.

Speak to Us to Find out More

If you want to speak to a professional about insuring your home or its contents, call us today at (972) 432-4727. One of our experts will talk you through all of our insurance options to find one that suits you.

Comments are closed.